Thursday 8 August 2013

Tree Top Trekking

This past weekend I had the opportunity to got tree-top trekking.

Where I had the chance to walk on tight ropes and obstacles up in Ontario's tree canopy.

A couple of things you should know about me:

I hate that "weightless" feeling. HATE it. I like my feet on the floor. On ground.

So with a lot of apprehension... away I went.

First an orientation about how to work the harness and how to stay safe up in the tree tops.

Then up into the tree canopy.

In spite of my apprehension, and my lack of confidence in just "letting go" for the ziplines...
It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.

I spent a lot of time not looking down as a conscious decision.

The next day... I had some sore lats and sore deltoids.

I would totally do it again... and may look into rock climbing/bouldering in my area.

No comments:

Post a Comment